Monday, November 28, 2011

Amber is in the Field!

Well hello hello everyone!
It's great to finally be in cali! It's so nice & warm here :D I'm serving in the actual San Bernardino area. It covers from Devore down to Muscoy & were in the Hallmark ward which is a new ward that was combined from 2 wards. We are mostly teaching less actives here & honestly i don't know what the heck they're problem is. Why don't they just go to church!! Seriously?? hahah but for real. The last couple days when we have gone to visit less actives they just say theyre lazy & don't really wanna go. What kinda excuse is that?? They know its true & everything but just don't go. We met with a return missionary a couple days ago who just got married & has stopped going to church. A return missionary!!! He said he still reads the bom & prays but just hasn't been going to church very often cause he just doesnt want to. haha it kinda makes me laugh but anyway were gonna try our best to get them to go. Theyre all fun people & me & my companion were just saying the other day how we actually feel at home. its kinda cool. BTW my companion is SOOO AWESOME!! She is the best trainer i could ask for...seriously. We are making each other laugh constantly but really have the spirit within our companionship to get work done. We really think alot alike so it helps in our lessons too. I thank my Heavenly Father for her everyday!! She is from Kemmer, Wyoming & 5'2.....hahah i'm the tallest sister here & she's the shortest!! The best companionship ever!! Well let me tell you about my first door approach.....it was with this lady named Celia. & I said maybe 2 words :) She wouldn't even let us her house & just stood in her house & talked to us through the screen door. She kept telling us how her food was getting cold that she was eating so i cause that was our que to leave. so we left. There you have it, my first door approach. We also got chased by 5 rotrylers at this one house. That was a little life threatening haha i almost had a heart attack but me & sister Peavler just laugh about it all the time now. Good memories are happening i guess. This mission field really is great & i am loving every minute. I thank you all for your prayers & letters! I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving with family & friends. Mine was wonderful with MANY meals :D Guess i'll write ya next week!

-Sister Amber Ruth Heward

No comments:

Post a Comment